Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Christmas Knitting Update

This is going to be a picture heavy post so I apologize in advance. At the risk of incurring the wrath of the knitting gods I do have to say my Christmas knitting is going pretty well. I am still not sure if everything will get done but I am not stressing at all about it. So here are the updates as of today.


First up is the blanket for my brother and SIL. The yarn is Caron Simply Soft in Chocolate. Since they have 2 kids and a dog I wanted to use a yarn that was non-knitter friendly. I have done 2 sets of the blocks in the pattern and have 7 more to go. I started this Saturday at Tina's where she helped me untangle the HUGE knot the yarn had become. This is the only project that I may not be able to have done in time.

Next is the wine cozy for my dad's fiance. This is my first attempt at magic loop. I am finding the technique a little bit unwieldy but I think if I had nicer circulars I may actually like it. I have about 3.5" more to knit before starting the decreases. Then I need to get a cheap bottle of wine to go in it.

The final WIP I have to show you is Clark's Sheldon. I finished his feet at knit night last Wednesday. Now I need to knit the shell and put him together. This is the only gift that has to be done by Christmas but I am not worried.

Now I have 2 FO's to show off!

First up is the hat I made for my dad modeled by Clark's favorite robot. I used Paton's Classic Wool and finished this in 2 days. I think it will fit him perfectly and hope he will like it. I plan on getting him something else to go with it, maybe his favorite chocolate covered cherries! Details on my FO blog and Ravelry.

Finally is Clark's Christmas Vest. I had to redo the neck and armhole ribbing for two reasons. First, I did not read the pattern to see that the seams were to be sewn before the ribbing was done. The second reason was that the hole for Clark's head was WAAAAYYY to small. A large orange would not have fit through the hole let alone my kid's head which has been in the 95th percentile for circumference since birth. So I sewed the seams, used the larger needles for the ribbing and it fits perfectly. Once I get our tree up and we take our Christmas card picture I will show you a modeled shot. Again details on the FO blog and Ravelry.

All in all I am pretty pleased with how things are going. Not that I am trying to tempt you knitting gods so please do not smite me! Until next time ....

1 comment:

g-girl said...

congrats on the two fo's! I was starting to wonder about clark's vest. can't wait to see him in it! looks like you're nearly finished with the wine cozy and sheldon is close to being done too! all that stress was for naught. :)