Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This week I have one big thing to be thankful for. Two weeks ago the director of my department called me into her office. She told me that she understands that we are very short handed and they are looking to bring in someone to help out. However, she wanted to offer me the opportunity to become a permanent employee before they hire someone else. Of course I jumped at the opportunity. So I filled out the application and gave my permission for a background check and handed everything to HR. I received my offer letter on Tuesday and signed it yesterday. As of August 31st I will be a permanent employee with benefits!

So this week I am thankful for a new job. That my hard work has been rewarded. To actually be appreciated which something I never had at my last job. I am very happy! Until next time ....

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Congratulations. You certainly deserve it.

SissySees said...

Hooray! Congrats!

Sharon said...

Ditto Hooray!! :)

Sandra said...

Great news! That's one stress gone...

g-girl said...

yahooooooooooo! congratulations, hon. so glad everything worked out!