Sunday, September 26, 2010

Well It's For A Good Cause

Now I am most definetly not a yarn snob. While I do love the higher end yarns I do also work a lot with acrylics and acrylic blends. However, I can now say that there is an acrylic that I will never work with again. No offense to any of you out there who like it but red Hear Super Saver is awful to work with. It is very scratchy and feels awful in your hands. Now when was I working with this yarn? Well it was all for a good cause.

Come February this scarf will grace the neck of a Special Olympian from Michigan. The ladies from out knitting group are all knitting scarves for the cause. Details of this scarf are located here and here. So while the yarn sucks it is at least for a good cause. I hope whoever gets this scarf feels the love that it was knit with when they wrap it around their neck. Until next time ....

6 comments:

SissySees said...

It LOOKS pretty... but yeah. I bought some Red Heart Super Saver for a dog sweater, and can't bring myself to knit with it. It will be donated to someone, somewhere, just as soon as I find a taker.

Brendaknits said...

Scratchy yarns are so disappointing.

hakucho said...

I'm not a yarn snob either...I'll knit with just about anything. I must say though I do enjoy knitting with softer acrylics. My favorite is simply soft.
Can't tell by your picture that the scarf is scratchy. It's beautiful and I bet once it's washed it might soften up (hopefully) :)

hakucho said...

I'm not a yarn snob either...I'll knit with just about anything. I must say though I do enjoy knitting with softer acrylics. My favorite is simply soft.
Can't tell by your picture that the scarf is scratchy. It's beautiful and I bet once it's washed it might soften up (hopefully) :)

Margaret said...

I agree, Kristy. I was very happy to be finished with my version of the Special Olympics scarf.

g-girl said...

i remember using red heart super saver for a hat I made my niece. I agree, it is tough to work with especially when one has spoiled his or her fingers with other yarn! It looks great though. :)