Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Ten on Tuesday


Today's ToT topic is 10 Favorite Oscar Winning Movies. Now my taste in movies is pretty much the same as my tase in books - light and fluffy. I usually do not see many of the Oscar nominee or winning films but I think I maybe able to come up with a list.

1) It Happened One Night (1934) - great classic comedy
2) Gone with the Wind (1939) - one of my all-time favorite movies
3) Rebecca (1940) - such a great creepy film
4) West Side Story (1961) - my mom loved this musical and I have grown to love it too
5) Kramer vs Kramer (1979) - I still cry at this one
6) Rain Man (1988) - I used to love Tom Cruise (before we all realized he's insane)
7) The Silence of the Lambs (1991) - who doesn't love Hannibal Lector?
8) Forrest Gump (1994) - life really is like a box of chocolates
9) Titanic (1997) - I am such a sucker for a good romance
10) A Beautiful Mind (2001) - such an amazing true story

3 comments:

SissySees said...

I just love musicals... Sound of Music, The Music Man, Cats, Fiddler on the Roof... I could do a top ten musicals list in a heartbeat.

g-girl said...

Like you, I don't usually watch many of the Oscar nominated (or even winners) for that matter! Though this year, there are some nominees that I have seen..i.e. Toy Story 3. lol!

Dianne said...

Thanks so much for the kind comments and prayers for my dad. All prayers are gratefully appreciated!

Love your movie list. GWTW is one of my all time favorite movies, too. My first brittanys were named Katie, Scarlett and Melanie! Now I have my sweet Tara. I almost named Cooper "Rhett", but that would have been an insult to Clark Gable. Cooper is much too goofy to be a "Rhett". :-)