Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Ten on Tuesday
This week's topic is 10 Ways to Save at the Grocery Store. Since our grocery bill has gone up about $100-$120 in the last few months this is a very timely topic for me.
1) Make a list and stick to it.
2) Buy in bulk.
3) Don't pay for convenience. Chop your own fruits and vegetables, grate your own cheese, poach your own chicken breasts, etc.
4) Do not shop hungry. You will not only spend more money you end up buying a bunch of junk.
5) Go vegetarian one night a week.
6) Buy cheaper cuts of meat and use your crock pot to cook them.
7) Make your own baked goods.
8) Buy the store brand. Most of the time you can not tell the difference.
9) I buy things like aluminum foil, plastic wrap, cleaning supplies and dried herbs and spices at the dollar store.
10) Look up and down - the stores put their cheaper/less profitable items on the top and bottom shelves since most people will only look at eye level.
I am interested to see what everyone else comes up with. Until next time ....