Monday, May 30, 2011

Lace Knitting Lessons

I have been doing a little bit of knitting and a lot of ripping on my Alix's Prayer Shawl. As of today I am starting the 5th pattern repeat. I was hoping to be further along after almost a month but see above about the ripping.









I have learned a few lessons while knitting this.

1) Lifelines are very important.
2) Even lifelines will not save you everytime.
3) Patience is important.
4) Lace knitting is tough to do with an almost 3 year old around.

Hopefully I will be able to keep going with the knitting and have a lot less ripping going on! Until next time ....

2 comments:

g-girl said...

i tend to do my lace knitting when no one can bug me. it's easier to focus that way. i nearly always end on a completed row and i write down which row is next. stitch markers in between pattern repeats help too.

hakucho said...

Love the color...looks like watermelon sherbet