Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Ten on Tuesday
The topic for this week is 10 Tips for Moving. Since we are only a little over a month out from our move this is a pretty easy one for me.
1) Remember to take a breath and try to relax.
2) Label label label. I did not label boxes well and since we had to wait for new counter tops to be installed and could not unpack our kitchen for over a week this caused a problem.
3) Take this time to purge. You do not want to move things you do not want or need.
4) On the other hand do not get so carried away that you purge things you will still need - like I did with Clark's shoes.
5) Do not over pack boxes. I have a problem with putting so much in a box you end up not being able to lift it.
6) Leave the essentials like your toothbrush and underwear to the end.
7) Use movers - they maybe expensive but are totally worth it.
8) Start as early as possible. Not easy to do when you have to move in 5 days like we did though.
9) Use your clothes, towels and rags to wrap your breakables. Much easier and cheaper than newspaper or bubble wrap.
10) When you are done put your feet up and congratulate yourself for surviving.