Sunday, July 01, 2012

Books Read: June 2012

My reading mojo is back a little bit. I managed to finish 3 books in the month of June.

1) The Doublet Affair: An Ursula Blanchard Mystery at Queen Elizabeth I's Court by Fiona Buckley - in the second installment of the series Ursula must try to unravel a conspiracy to remove the queen from the throne while trying to figure out a way to be with her husband who is in exie in France.
2) 16 Lighthouse Road: A Cedar Cove Book by Debbie Macomber - this is the first book in the series where we meet the main characters and learn the ups and downs of their love lives.
3) Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder - in this installment the Ingallls family goes through many challenges and changes while the ton they are homesteading on continues to grow.

I still want to read 52 books in 52 weeks this year but I do not know if that is going to happen.  I will have to wait and see. Until next time ....

3 comments:

Brendaknits said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your comments come up as 'no-reply' so I cannot email you back so am commenting here. I see you like the Laura Ingils Wilder books. I have always meant to read through them - maybe I too should set a goal.

Miss Me said...

they were talking about reading challenges on the cbc recently. definitely an interesting concept. the cbc summer reads lists are always good for inspiration if you're looking for ideas.

g-girl said...

yeah, i didn't read much either. :P