Monday, October 08, 2012

KAL Madness

Something has come over me and I have joined way to many KALs. At this time I have5 projects on the needles. Of these projects 4 are for various KALs. So without further ado here is what I am working on.

First up are the Fallberry Mitts by Anne Hanson. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed that I received as a destash prize from Jane. These are for the October Fingerless Mitts KAL with the Student Knits podcast.














Second are what I am calling my Crocus socks. The pattern is the Afterthought Heel Socks by Laura Linneman and the yarn is Loops and Threads Luxury Sock in Crocus. I am a bit nervous about the afterthought heel but it is a technique I have wanted to try for awhile. This is for the Knitabulls September/October Self Stripping Socks KAL.

 












Third is what I am calling Judy the Precious Pig. My mom's name was Judy and she loved and collected pigs.  Right now I have a head, two ears, a snout and I finished the body last night after this picture was taken. This is for the Pink-tober KAL with the Knit Nerd Podcast.














Finally is my Celtic Cable Neckwarmer for the Fall Accessories KAL for the Retro Lemon Studio Podcast. I am having a hard time with the cable chart on this pattern but I am determined to power through and finish.




So I have been rotating and working on a different project every day. I hope I will be able to finish them in time but it is going to be quite the challenge. Until next time ....

2 comments:

Sandra said...

You'll love afterthought heels - it's my favourite method of sock construction.

g-girl said...

wow, 5 projects!! It's been a while since I've had that many going at once. How'd the afterthought heel socks turn out? The neckwarmer looks amazing!