Saturday, December 29, 2012

FO: Christmas Ornaments

For some reason I had the brilliant idea to make teacher gifts for Christmas this year. I decided to make ornaments and went looking for patterns on Ravelry. I found this ornament cover pattern that I also had from one of my Knitting Pattern a Day Calendars. I decided to knit some up out of some leftover red yarn I had. Then I went to the dollar store and bought some gold plastic balls and brought them home. This is when I realized that the covers I made were way to big for the ornaments. Thankfully I had only made 3 covers so starting over was not such a big deal. I found some mystery wool in my stash that I received in a swap at Knit-topia two years ago.














 The pattern is very quick and easy - I could make a cover in 45 minutes or so. I ended up making 20 for teachers, bus drivers, bus assistants and co-workers. They were a big hit with everyone. A tip though is that the covers do not slip very easily over the balls that have glitter on them. The glitter stops the cover from sliding over the bulb. I would recommend this pattern for a quick and easy gift. Until next time ....

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Great idea Kristy! The ornaments are very attractive.

g-girl said...

That is cool!