Sunday, July 07, 2013

WIP: Basket Case Socks

While I do not have a lot of knitting books I have collected a few over the years. Unfortunately I have not knit many projects from them. I am now making a more conscious effort to look at my books when I am trying to figure out what to cast on next. I wanted to make a pair of socks so I went to my books and found the Basket Check Socks from the Little Box of Socks.


I am calling these my Basket Case Socks. The pattern is really enjoyable - easy to memorize but involved enough to keep your interest. The yarn is Dream in Color Smooshy in the Deep Seaflower colorway. I received this in a swap many years ago so it is nice to finally get it out of the stash. It is a beautiful purple with bits of blue and is really nice to work with. I am actually quite a bit further along with the sock than the picture shows. I am actually working on the gusset decreases now. I started these 2 weeks ago and I am proud of how far I have come. Maybe these socks will not take me 6 months to finish. Until next time ....

No comments: