Sunday, June 08, 2014

Books Read: May 2014

First I cannot believe it is June. Second I cannot believe it is the 8th already. My mom always said time goes by faster the older you get and it seems to be true. However, I am still on pace to make my 52 in 52 challenge as I finished 4 books in May.

1) The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood - after losing her daughter Mary finds comfort in her new knitting group as she learns the secrets and stories of the other women.

2) The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory - the story of Anne, daughter of the Earl of Warwick, who would become the queen of England.

3) Tell Me Lies by Jennifer Cruisie - Maddie Faraday has a  lot to deal with - a cheating husband who ends up dead, the boy whose heart she broke 20 years ago returning to town and a 9 year old daughter who is wondering what is going on.

4) Dream When You're Feeling Blue by Elizabeth Berg - the story of the 3 Heaney sisters and the men they correspond with during WWII.

No comments: