Thursday, October 01, 2015

Books Read: September 2015

My reading mojo has managed to stay around which is making me very happy. Although I know that I will not make my 52 in 52 goal (again) this year I will keep plugging away. In September I read the following 4 books. 

1) The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie – another Hercule Poirot mystery with a twist that was actually pretty interesting. So far Poirot is my favorite but I have yet to get to the Ms Marples books.

2) The Silver Star by Jeanette Walls – I really enjoyed this story of 2 sisters in 1970 who travel cross country to their uncle’s house when their mother abandons them. The story did not go where I thought it was going to but I still liked it.

3) Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah – she is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. I actually cried at this book and I cannot remember the last time I did that.

4) The Myth of You and Me by Leah Stewart – I was a bit disappointed in this one. I enjoyed the beginning but the ending left a lot to be desired. I did enjoy the way the author moved from preset day to the past and did not find it confusing like it can be in many books.
 


No comments: