Friday, January 22, 2016

Five on Friday


Here we are at the end of another week. We are now halfway through my 2nd least favorite month of January and I am happy. Of course once January is over we move onto my least favorite month of February. Here is what is on my mind this week.

1) Last Friday I decided that we should have a living room camp out so Clark could use the Spider-man sleeping bag he got for Christmas. Sleeping on the floor killed my back and I have realized that I am not as young as I used to be.

2) Monday was Martin Luther King day in the US so Clark did not have school. I took a “vacation” day (I ended up working about 5 hours) and stayed home with him. We went to lunch at McDonald’s and ended up having a nice long weekend.

3) I am once again feeling like I am behind on everything – house work, TV shows, podcasts, etc. I am trying to remind myself that it really does not matter in the grand scheme of things but it does not always work.

4) I am so happy that my knitting mojo is back. I think signing up for Winter Camp really kicked it up. While KALs usually do not encourage me this one does since we earn points as a team and I do not want to be the teams weak link.

5) After the hitting incident a couple of weeks ago Clark has receive 4 Haw Hoorays in the last 2 weeks. This is a little certificate the kids get when they are seen as practicing the school’s four mantras of Be Ready, Be Responsible, Be Respectful and Be Safe. He is so proud of himself and it is so nice to see.

Here are some pictures for the week.












Little man and his new hat












 Preemie hat #1 finished












The start of my birth stone Color Affection shawl












My little man always makes me happy










An empty homework folder is a welcome sight to start the weekend












No comments: