The topic for this week is 10 Favorite Foods Your Mom Used To Make. Oh my mom was such a good cook and I miss so many things she made. Even though I have many of her recipes they just don’t taste the same.
1) Tuna salad – hers was the only tuna I would ever eat
2) Chicken Ranch pasta salad
3) Her homemade pizza
4) Chicken and stuffing casserole
6) Pannu kakku (Finnish pancakes)
7) Her appetizers (bacon, mayo, parmesan cheese and green onions spread on party rye bread and broiled for a minute)
8) Nut bread
9) My birthday cake (chocolate cake with chocolate frosting)
10) Potato salad
Bonus entry: Better Than Whatchamacallit Cake. The story behind this is that the original name of the recipe was Better Than Sex Cake. My grandpa hated the name so we called it Better Than Whatchamacallit Cake instead.