Monday, August 01, 2016

Monday Musings


Another week has come and gone. I know I say it a lot but I cannot believe how fast time is going by. It does not seem possible that it is August already. So here is what is currently on my mind.

1) I am thinking about what I want to knit for my Ravellenics project. I am thinking that this will be a good time to dive into color work and make the University Mitts. I am thinking that my goal will be to finish one mitt. I am not sure that I would be able to complete the complete pair. I am also thinking of trying to knit a preemie hat a day. I am behind on my goal to knit 52 for the year so this would help.

2) I am glad that out 90 degree temps have left us for awhile. I was actually cold Saturday morning at Clark's soccer practice. Unfortunately they will be back this week.

3) Clark's soccer practice on Saturday was the last one for the summer. He seemed to enjoy it so we are going to sign him up again in the fall.

4) We had some issues with Clark's behavior at camp the past couple of weeks. He actually was written up last Monday for hitting another boy. We have come up with some more coping mechanisms for him and have some rewards set up and so far so good.

5) I am feeling really motivated lately and I am hoping that the feeling sticks around for awhile.

Here are some pictures from the past few weeks.













Face painting at Carnival Day at camp













Having a "picnic" before bed











Holy hotness Batman!













Playing cars with my little man













Preemie hat #14 for the year













Someone made a Spider-man mask during art













Comfort food after a tough week - Pannu Kakku or Finnish pancakes













Going in to score a goal at our last soccer practice













Having fun playing at the library on a rainy Saturday afternoon













Another square for the Doctor Who blanket
 

1 comment:

A :-) said...

I hope your iron is better! Been hot here, too . . .