Wednesday, February 22, 2017

WIP on Wednesday: Cabled Slippers

During the winter I wear my hand knit socks 24/7. Because of this I am finding that I am wearing holes through my socks pretty quickly. I decided that I need to knit a pair of slippers so I can wear them around the house instead. I went to Ravelry and found the Summer Cabled Slipper pattern and decided to cast on.




I am knitting the medium size (I wear a size 8 US women’s shoe) and it seems to be a bit small on my left foot because of the swelling issues I have but it is fine on my right foot. I may try knitting the large size for my left foot and see if that makes a difference. I am using a size 7 (4.5 MM needle) and Red Heart Super Saver in Cherry Red. These are knit flat and seamed which does not bother me but your mileage may vary. Now it is time to cast on for #2.
Until next time ….

No comments: