Thursday, June 22, 2017
Books Read: May 2017
I just realized that I never wrote about the books I read in May.May was a good month for me with 5 books finished. Here is what I read.
1) Before We Met by Lucie Whitehouse - an interesting look at a seemingly perfect marriage. The mystery was not difficult to figure out but I did enjoy the book overall.
2) Fire and Ice by Dana Stabenow - this is the first book in a series and I will not be reading the others. The characters were annoying and I just did not enjoy the story.
3) Overwhelming Odds by Susan and Denny O'Leary - when he was 9 years old John O'Leary was burned over 100% of his body in a fire. This short book is the story told from his parent's perspective. It was excellent and it made me think as a parent what I would do if I faced such a major issue with my child.
4) A Finely Knit Murder by Sally Goldenbaum - this is the 9th book in the Seaside Knitters series. These are not fine literature but I do enjoy them for what they are worth.
5) Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe - a pretty good celebrity autobiography. He does skim over the many of the controversies of his career though.