Thursday, July 27, 2017

1 Second Everyday Video

I believe I have mentioned many times my love of podcasts. I listen to them at work and they really make my day go faster. One podcast I listen to is Elise Gets Crafty. Elise is a business owner/creator/wife/mother and on her show she interviews other creative business owners.

On one of her shows last year she mentioned an app for the Iphone called 1 Second a Day. The idea is that you document your life in 1 second increments. I was intrigues by the idea and kept it in the back of my mind for awhile.

I decided to start the project of documenting my 40th year on this planet through the app. So I began on my birthday in 2016 and ended on the same day this year. It was an interesting experience and I learned a few things from the process.

1) I realized that I can stick to something if I really want to
2) My life is kind of boring and it was hard to come up with things to video sometimes
3) I take a lot of pictures and videos of my kid
4) I did not want to repeat anything but after awhile realized that was probably not realistic
5) It is amazing how long a second can actually be
6) The last 2 months or so was difficult and I was getting tired of the project

I am glad I did this  experiment but I do not know if I will ever do this again. Elise recently did a video of a special trip she and her husband took to Scotland so if I ever do something major like that I may do a much smaller version.

1 comment:

A :-) said...

Oh, I LOVE this!! :-)