Monday, December 04, 2017

Monday Musings

Welcome to December. Before we know it 2018 will be upon us. It has been a bit rough around here this week.

1) Last Sunday we realized that we could not lock the door from the outside with the key. Thankfully we were still able to lock it from the inside since the after hours emergency number changed and the info was never updated on the website or voicemail. It took the guy about 5 minutes to fix it on Monday morning and thankfully I was able to work from home.

2) On Wednesday night we noticed that our little buddy Hamlin was having very labored breathing and was just not acting like himself. I checked on him when I woke up to use the bathroom at 1:30am and he was still having issues and when I woke up again at 5:30am he was gone. Little man was crushed and I have not cried that hard or that much in a very long time. Even my hubby got teary eyed when he got home from work that night.

3) We kept little man home from school on Thursday and I took the morning off to deal with the situation. Unfortunately while driving to have Hamlin cremated at the Humane Society my low battery voltage light came on in my car. Hubby was able to come home at lunch and the alternator was going so we had it towed and fixed. So I worked from home again Thursday afternoon and Friday.

4) We were finally able to take our friend to the Humane Society on Saturday to be cremated. I felt horrible that for 2 days little man was afraid that he would have to watch the cremation being done.

5) We have decided not to get another guinea pig at this time. We will be giving Rochester lots of extra love and attention. We also rearranged his cage when we cleaned it so it is more like "his" own home now. He seems to be doing ok .

Here are the pictures for the week.

Homework = mom going back to 3rd grade
Clark won the coloring contest at the toy store
Giving Mr. Rochester extra love and attention
Little man and his new coat this morning


No comments: