Monday, February 12, 2018

Monday Musings

Another week is upon us. Here is what I am thinking about today.

1) Today is the 16th anniversary of my mom's death. It amazes me how it can still hit me at times. I has a bad day on Friday and while I was watching the opening ceremonies I started crying. My mom and I used to watch the Olympics together and the winter games were our favorite.

2) Little man had a snow day again today. Thar's 3 days in the past week. Luckily I was working from home last week so those were covered but I had to take today off. It sucks for those of us who don't have family members nearby who can watrch the kid on short notice.

3) We are currently without hot water. I am tired of things breaking around here. A few weeks ago the furnace went. Thankfully it was during a warm trend so the temps were in the 40s and it was not so bad. I am just glad that we rent and don't have to come up with money to fix this stuff.

4) We finally got the bad news about my car. It will hopefully be fixed on Thursday. We had to break down and rent a car for me. We rented a Chevy Acadia and little man likes it much better than my car. I like it too but the best part of my car is that it paid for.

Here are the pictures for the week.

This book is frightening and horrifying but I think very important as well.
 I always love the Parade of Nations
 This is getting old

No comments: