Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Books Read: 2nd Quarter 2019


In the 2nd quarter I managed to only finish 2 books.I am not sure why but I am not going to worry about it to much.

1) Caroline: Little House, Revisited by Sarah Miller - the story of the Ingalls family's move from Wisconsin to Kansas told from Ma's perspective. I am not sure why but I just could not really get into this book. I know that it was the times but the hatred and descritions of Native Americans were hard to read. I also wanted to slap Pa a few times bwcause he just seemed so clueless.

2) The Book Jumper by Mechthild Glaser - I LOVED this book. It brought back my reading mojo big time. The story was very original and even though it was translated from German it was not clunky to read like many translated books are. I am so jealous of the great YA fiction kids have to read these days.

No comments: