Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Books Read: 1st Quarter 2020


I am back to my quarterly book updates. I have not published one since the 2nd quarter of 2019. I was going to catch up but I have decided to let it go and just start new with 2020. In the 1st quarter of 2020 I read the following three books.

1) Tigers in Red Weather by Liza Klaussmann: the story of two cousins who are more like sisters and their lives on Martha's Vineyard from World War II through the 1960's. The story was a bit meandering and the cousins were very unlikable but I enjoyed the book well enough and gave it 3 stars.

2) Bitter Brew: A Savannah Reid Mystery by G.A. McKevett: in this installment of the series Savannah is trying to help her friend, medical examiner Jennifer Liu, prove that her friend's death was not a suicide. I love this series. It is not Pulitzer prize literature but the books are a lot of fun.

3) Doing it at the Dixie Dew by Ruth Moose: Beth McKenzie returns to her North Carolina hometown from Maine when her grandmother dies and turns the old house into a B&B. Unfortunately she has been drawn into murders and now someone wants her dead to. Again this book tended to wonder and be a bit all over the place. It was alright overall and I am willing to try the next book in the series.





No comments: