Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Books Read: 2nd Quarter 2020


The quarter is over as of today so it is time for another book update. I feel like my reading mojo has really amped up lately. I have been getting a good 25-30 minutes of reading time in every day at lunch which is helping for sure. For this quarter I finished the following 3 books:

1) The Legacy by Kristen Tranter: this was a book I was not expecting to enjoy but I really did. It is the story of 3 college friends in Australia and the crazy paths their lives take. When one of them dies on 9/11 the other two set out to determine what happened. While I figured out what happened pretty quickly into the "mystery" it was still an intriguing read.

2) Case Histories by Kate Atkinson: the interweaving of 3 separate cases being investigated by a private detective. While I usually do not like books that jump from story to story this one was very well done and it did not seem contrived like it usually can. There are 4 more books in the series and I am looking forward to reading those as well.

3) Best of Friends by Cathy Kelly: the story of 4 friends in a small Irish town and how their lives change when one of them is diagnosed with advanced breast cancer and ends up passing away. In the sign of a good story I really liked the characters but wanted to smack them at the same time. They felt very real and flawed which is a nice change from most chick lit I have read.

No comments: