Saturday, March 18, 2006

New purchases

So my hubby and I have actually spent some money (that's more surprising for me actually)and made some new purchases.

Today I had to go buy my contact cleaner and some other toiletries so I decided to treat my self to a couple of things:



I bought some Ghirardelli Squares with Carmelized Almonds (my favorite "grown up" candy), the Scarf Style book, Garth Brooks Lost Sessions CD (Garth is my all-time favorite artist), the spring issue of Interweave Knits, and finally the Yarn Harlot's second book. A pretty good haul for someone who usually doesn't spend money on herself.

Yesterday hubby came home all excited about a new tv stand he found at the Salvation Army store (yes Amby the one at Auburn and John R). He didn't think I could lift our heavy ass tv but I proved him wrong. Here is a picture of the new set up - of course with NCAA basketball on the tv.



I like it. The shelf with our components next to the tv is black and the old stand was also black so this lightens up the room a bit. Don't let that tv fool you it is very heavy - I could barely lift my side up to move it the 6 inches from the old stand to the new one.

I have been working on the blanket but it does not really look any different. I am not putting a picture up - just imagine it a little longer and wider from the last time. I really want to get it done so I can start to learn how to knit socks. I think the bug has rubbed off on me finally. Until next time ....

2 comments:

Kirsti said...

Wow, what a great haul! And stuff that will last (apart from the chocolate!). The TV looks great too - I really will have to check out these thrift stores sometime soon. Have fun reading and knitting and preparing for sock addiction!

Dana said...

Good for you! We sometimes forget to treat ourselves sometimes, and the little splurges really go along way! I'm jealous, I've been wanting Yarn Harlot's book for a while. Let me know how you like it.

I'm going to be ready to go back to the Sal-Army Boutique soon, maybe next time I'll look at the furniture and stuff too! That's a great store!