Thursday, April 06, 2006

One year ago today

One year ago today I walked into Joann's in Rochester Hills and took my first knitting class. It was only the teacher and I so I got a lot of personal attention. I had been attempting to knit for a few months and just didn't think I was getting. Little did I know that if I would knit more than 3 or 4 stiches before ripping it out I would of had it on my own. Taking that class is one of the best things I have done. I still have the certificate I got from the class.

I don't know what made me want to knit. I have never been big on arts and crafts. I think getting married changed all that. Mostly I was inspired by Amy and Sherry. I wanted to make all the nice things they did. I am glad that these two wonderful women inspired me. Knitting has become my salvation. When I am stressed or upset I knit and it relaxes me. I love the feeling of making something with my own two hands. However, the best part of this knitting adventure is the wonderful friends I have made. I look forward to spending my Wednesday nights with them every week. I can not wait to see what the next year of being a knitter holds for me. Until next time ....

2 comments:

Dana said...

I'm so glad you took that class too, or we never would have met!! We're all lucky to have you as part of our group!

Good luck on finishing your blanket!

Anonymous said...

Awww, happy Knitterversary!