Sunday, December 03, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I will apologize up front to all of you on dial up because there are a ton of pictures in this post. So I put up our Christmas decorations this afternoon and I am very happy with them. Here are a few pictures.


Here is our tree. It's a fake one but I still like it. It fits perfectly in front of out window. I also love the fact that I got it last year at Wal-Mart for $20! Most of our ornaments came from the Salvation Army but there are three that have a special place in my heart.








This ornament is very special because it was the first one we received together. My family all went to Florida the week after our wedding and my dad bought this for us there. It is a groom Mickey and bride Minnie and says Just Married.



This is the cruise ship we took our honeymoon on. It was the Carnival Imagination. I bought this and Jerry thought I was crazy but it is a nice memory to have.






This is one from my childhood. My mom got this for me. It has my name on one side and the year (1984 - I was 8 years old) on the other side.







This is the collection of snowmen, a bear and the Grinch that sits on top of our secretary.








This is our Red Wings snowman and his tree. My dad's fiance bought this for us last year for Christmas. I think it says a lot about how far I have come personally that I have put our something she bought me!


Finally one of my favorite decorations. My Nonnie made me this ceramic manger set before she had her stroke. She also made a church for me but that is still at my dad's house.



Finally I have been doing some knitting. Here is my completed mid November KAL. As always the details are located here. So that's all I have for now. Until next time ....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! How fun. I would decorate my place, but that would mean I have to clean and plus... one year, when I did have a tree, Sophie was always climbing it and I didn't want my ornaments to break. Cute little stinker...
see you Wednesday.

Shorty said...

I love Christmas! And your decorations are inspiring. A christmas tree is the perfect place for displaying your memories.
Happy Holidays to you and yours!

lauriec said...

Your tree is adorable! I have momento ornaments too!

I have to say that the red wins ornament HAS to go! I should have sent you a habs one in the swap LOL!