Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Yarn Harlot and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Our poor Harlot! She had a horrible day on Sunday. I'm sure at some point during the day she was hoping this was some huge April Fool's joke. That is what everyone in the library's multi purpose room was hoping. However, everyone remained in good spirits and a lot of knitting was done. It was also nice to see people in real life whose blogs I read everyday.

Some of us took advantage of the delayed arrival to do some stash enhancement. We headed to Busy Hands a few blocks away and overwhelmed the small store.



I bought this beautiful Reynolds Top Seed Cotton in chocolate brown. This will become a Fake-A-Gamo some day. Maybe during the brown PS months of August and September.








The Harlot made her entrance by running into the room at top speed. All she said was crap which after the day she had I think is pretty good. Here she is getting ready to take the famous sock with the crowd shot. She was funny and wonderful and I wished she would have talked longer than she did. If you get the chance to go to one of her talks jump at the chance it is so worth it.

After her talk she was wonderful and talked to every person there. She is very funny and so sweet. She is also so small! I was a little psyched that she knew my blog when she saw my name tag. I tried not to embarrass myself and I think I did ok.

I told Tina and Miranda that I was putting their picture on my blog if they dragged their chairs across the room, up the stage and in front of the Harlot so I am keeping my promise.





All in all is was a great (but LONG) day. Until next time ....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you were able to see her. I missed her when she came through Texas last time around. Most of all, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Hey, dragging the chair along with us while we were in the very long line was a great idea. And since we had brought it that far why not right up to the table. I am just surprised no one thought to put chairs in front of the table to begin with.

Miranda said...

I think it was a great idea too! I still am surprised more people didn't sit down in the chairs once we left them there!