Monday, June 11, 2007

Bring on the red, black and metallic!

I can not believe that Project Spectrum is halfway over! We have now moved onto our third color group - red, black and metallic. Tonight, I dove into my stash to find my yarns in these colors and came up woefully short.



The black yarn has been in my stash for a while and is destined to become a hat for my hubby. Maybe I can have it done before this winter! The red skein is the beautiful merino lace weight that I won from Debi. I have been looking for shawl patterns and I think this yarn is going to become an Icarus. There is also some dishcloth cotton (the little balls are the remains of a ball of SNC that became tangled), the Bernat was a free skein from the company that I have no idea what to do with and the blue-purple Moonlight Mohair will become a potato chip scarf. I guess I better get knitting if I want to get these projects done in the next two months!

Larjmarj asked in the comments of yesterday's entry if the cotton yarn hurt my hands. I have not had a problem at all with cotton. In fact, I rather enjoy knitting with it. I do get arm fatigue from time to time while knitting but I get that no matter what fiber I knit with. I hope that helps you out! Until next time ....

No comments: