Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Fitting End to a Crappy Year

So in a very fitting end to what has been a very crappy year I have caught the cold from hell. I have spent the last three days sleeping like it is going out of style. I am so glad that I have a four day weekend or else I would feel very cheated. To top that off my laptop died yesterday. Well that is not exactly true, something happened to the port where the power supply plugs into so it only runs on the battery and will not charge at all. So now I am using my hubby's laptop which is nice but it is not MY laptop. I do not have my files or bookmarks and it is really bugging me. Hubby says it can take up to a week to get mine fixed so I guess I better get used to this.

So not having my laptop means that I have no pictures for you. I could use my camera phone but I am to lazy to figure it out since I have never used it. As far as knitting is concerned there has not been much progress, especially since I have been sleeping for 3 days. I did not finish my Icarus in time for Christmas Even church services which is ok since we were running late (as usual) and did not make it to my dad's in time for church. I decided that I wanted it to be correct instead of finished so I ripped back to the start of chart 2. I was about halfway through chart 3 but I just knew it was wrong. Of course I kept knitting away in denial telling myself that it was fine. Soon though I could no longer kid myself so I ripped away. At least I was smart and put a lifeline in or I would have been really screwed.

At knit night last Wednesday I started two projects that did not work out. I started a Calorimetry and my Fake-A-Gamo bag but I needed smaller needles to work out with my yarns. I need a US5 for my bag and I only have a pair of crappy metal ones so I need to buy some wooden needles that I will actually want to use. The Calorimetry has been restarted on US6 which should work but I will need to check my gauge to be sure that it is big enough for my large noggin.

I guess that is it for now. Next up, my annual list of To-Do's and To-Do-Not's for 2008. Goodbye 2007, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out! Until next time ....

1 comment:

Larjmarj said...

I hear ya! I've been sick on some level since Thanksgiving. I think it's my workplace and the fact that they keep pushing those damn flu shots on everyone.
Lets hope for a better one next year!