Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007!

So I know that I said that this entry would be my To Do's and To Do Not's for 2008 but I have changed my mind. I still feel like crap so I do not want to think about the sweeping changes I want to make in '08. Instead I present you with the 2007 In Review Meme that has been making the rounds out in blogland.

1) What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?

- Knitting wise I made a sock and worked a lace pattern from a chart. Life wise I guess starting fertility treatments.

2) Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

- I make To Do's and To Do Not's and I did keep a few from last year. I will make more for 2008 soon.

3) Did anyone close to you give birth?

- My cousin's girlfriend had a baby girl, Isabella, in August.

4) Did anyone close to you die?

- My FIL on May 31st

5) What countries did you visit?

- We did not even make it to Canada this year which is a first

6) What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

- Functioning ovaries

7) What dates will remain etched upon you memory, and why?

- May 31st (see #4 above)

8) What was your biggest achievement this year?

- Letting go of a lot of baggage from the past

9) What was your biggest failure?

- See #6 above

10) Did you suffer illness or injury?

- I had to have a D&C at the end of March, got food poisoning in May, was diagnosed with diabetes in June and now have the cold from hell.

11) What was the biggest thing you bought?

- There really was no major purchases this year.

12) Whose behavior merited celebration?

- My hubby's. His patience and kindness always amaze me.

13) Whose behavior made you most appalled and depressed?

- I will not get into that here even though those people do not know about this blog.

14) Where did most of your money go?

- Food, rent, gas and paying off those damn evil credit cards!

15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?

- Nothing, is that sad?

16) What song will always remind you of 2007?

- I listen to talk radio or podcasts so there's nothing I can think of.

17) Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

- Overall happier although somethings still sadden me; thanks to my diabetes pill I am about 35 pounds lighter; poorer but closer to paying off those evil credit cards.

18) What do you wish you had done more of?

- Saved more money

19) What do you wish you'd done less of?

- Worrying about everything.

20) How will you be spending Christmas?

- I spent it with my family and Jerry's mom.

21) Did you fall in love in 2007?

- I fall more in love with my hubby every day (awwwww!!!)

22) How many one-night stands?

- Uh none - see above.

23) What was your favorite TV program?

- So many it is sad! All the VH1 celebreality shows, Lost, Supernatural, Jon & Kate Plus 8, Reaper, Gossip Girl and Ghost Hunters.

24) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

- I try not to use the word hate but yes, there are people I do not like much now that were ok last year.

25) What was the best book you read?

- The Deathly Hollows for sure!

26) What was your greatest musical discovery?

- The fact that I can list to my MP3 at work so I do not have to listen to the same 20 songs over and over on regular radio.

27) What did you want and get?

- A new cell phone

28) What did you want and not get?

- A baby

29) What was your favorite film of this year?

- Knocked Up was pretty hilarious.

30) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

- I signed up for the spindle spinning class @ Ewe-Nique Knits, went to Monterrey's Cantina for dinner with my hubby. I turned 31.

31) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

- Getting pregnant.

32) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

- If it's clean then I will wear it.

33) What kept you sane?

- The hubster and knitting.

34) What celebrity/public figure did you fancy most?

- Jensen Ackles from Supernatural

35) What political issue stirred you the most?

- It's not really a political issue but I hate that the problems of celebrities take center stage over the fact that our troops are still dying every day to stroke one man's huge ego.

36) Who did you miss?

- My mom, more that ever since this infertility thing has come up.

37) Who is the best new person you met?

- I do not meet to many new people. Yes I know i am pathetic.

38) Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2007?

- That other people are never as together and with it as you think they are.

39) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?

- I Will Survive!

Have fun everyone but stay safe tonight. Until next time ....

2 comments:

Debi said...

Cool list Kristyn, thanks for sharing it! I hope you get your "special" wish soon :)

35 pounds huh? What med are you taking?

Kat said...

Damn girl! I've lost 35 pounds now this year myself, but mines because my marriage is over. Still, we've been through a lot this year haven't we? Remember, what goes down must come up! You'll get your baby, I have a few friends who were/are in the same boat and they've all gone on to have 2 or 3 kids! *smooch* Hang in there girlfriend. Oh, and I'm going to steal this meme from you. :)