Monday, January 14, 2008

52 Weeks of Gratitude - Week #2

So this week I am grateful for health insurance. My hubby and I have pretty much lucked out in the insurance department. We are both on my coverage and I never would have imagined how great of a decision that would have been. My company is based out of New York so my insurance is Blue Cross/Blue Shield of New York instead of Michigan. Now why does that make such a big difference? Well for some people it may not but for couples dealing with infertility it is huge. New York state has mandatory fertility coverage so we are automatically covered for 80% of all fertility treatments. When you thing that one doctor appointment is $140 and an ultrasound is $120 that adds up to quite a bit of savings. So today I am thankful for the New York lawmakers and the fact that 4 years ago we decided to use my insurance.

2 comments:

Tina said...

It is really amazing how different laws and insurance are from state to state.

Larjmarj said...

I have been without insurance, it's not pretty. Took me over 8 years to pay the bill to U of M.

I never take it for granted.