Sunday, January 13, 2008

So what do we have here?

Could it be a finished object? Why yes it is!



Sorry about the crappy cell phone picture but I am still without my laptop. This is Calorimetry from Knitty. It is made from Plymouth Encore DK in colors 355 and 389. Details will be here. This thing came out huge! I have to overlap the ends about 2 inches to have the thing fit my head. It is more like a hat than a headband. I am not really happy with it but it was only 2 days of knitting so I am not to concerned. I have enough yarn left over that I could probably make another smaller one. I just do not want to do that right now. At least it will keep my head and ears warm when the temps get really low next week. Plus I have not had a FO since September, other than a lonely sock, so I at least finished something.

So now I am working on a secret project so that will make for some pretty boring blog material. I need to get cracking on my second fruit loop sock or my Icarus to have something to talk about. Until next time ....

2 comments:

Larjmarj said...

I've read a lot of posts on Ravelry about this pattern and a lot of people have made it smaller by casting on 80 sts.

With my peanut head I'd have to cast on 40 tops ;-)

I'm sure you'll find a way to make yours work. What about 2 buttons for the overlap?

Tina said...

Congratulations on the FO. Doesn't it feel good to complete something.