Sunday, June 01, 2008

Actual Knitting Content Ahead

Ok no one faint but after 6 weeks I have the promised knitting content. I finished my first pair of socks back in April and I love them!



The yarn is the discontinued Knitpicks Dancing and I used the basic sock recipe from the Yarn Harlot. I am a complete convert to hand knit socks. These are the comfiest and best socks I have ever worn. I do plan on using this pattern again for my basic stockinette socks but I would make some changes. I would knit the leg on size 0 needles instead of the size 1 needles I used. The leg stretches out and gets a little droopy so I think the size 0's would help eliminate that problem. All the details are located here and on Ravelry.

I have also been making baby bibs from dischcloth cotton and some baby blankets but I wanted to have another entry ready so I may update before July! As far as the pregnancy goes I am 25 weeks tomorrow and everything is going well. The baby is moving like crazy and my blood sugars are looking really good. We found a new townhouse to live in and we are so excited! No more common hallways with people's dogs running around, we will have our own washer and dryer and we can park right outside our front door. Of course we are moving the last week of August so poor hubby will have to do most of the work. This will be the easiest move I have ever made since it is only 3 weeks from my due date! Until next time ....

No comments: