Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I Heart October

October is quickly becoming my second favorite month of the year (behind my birthday month of June of course). I love that the weather turns colder so I can wear sweaters, the changing leaves, football, donuts and apple cider. I love Halloween also. Carving pumpkins, roasting the seeds, scary movies on tv, seeing the cute kids dressed up and of course the candy. I always feel the need to start many projects once October rolls around.

Of course this means that I have to start something for Socktoberfest. I was only going to start the Charade socks with my left over yarn from the Fruity Pebbles socks. However, today on Margene's blog I read about the Mystery Sock KAL on Ravelry. Well I love a good mystery so I will also be casting on for these socks at knitting group tonight. This is going to be an interesting month. Until next time ....

1 comment:

Lolly said...

Oooh, October is just a great month all around! And Socktoberfest does make it even more fun. So glad you are in for the fun :)