Sunday, August 26, 2012

FO: Cabled Vest

Sorry that I appeared to have fallen off the face of the Earth. We were up north on vacation last week and the week before that my BIL was in town for 10 days so I did not have time to write a post. When we last left off I was having problems with the lace patterning on the vest after the armhole decreases. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong - decreasing 8 stitches at the beginning of the repeat instead of 4 - and was on my way. I did not finish in time to win a medal I still completed in 17 days my first adult sized garment Plus it fits!



I know these are horrible pictures but for now this is the best I can do. I am not completely happy with it. The arm length makes this more of a cap sleeved sweater than a vest. Plus it is a bit heavy weight wise. The pattern also left something to be desired. First, it states to do the ribbing in the smaller needle size but the pattern only calls for a size 8 needle. I used a size 6 for the ribbing and it worked. Also it way overestimated the yarn needed. According to the pattern I needed 4 skeins for my size but I only used 1.5 skeins. All in all though I feel this is not bad for a first garment. Until next time ....

1 comment:

g-girl said...

it happens to us all (falling off the face of the Earth)! Sorry to hear that you weren't completely happy with your vest. Chalk it up to a learning experience. :)