Monday, January 05, 2015

2015 Goals





Well we are 5 days into the new year and so far so good. Little man was very good about getting up and getting ready this morning but I could tell he was not happy about having to go back to school. He is usually the first one in line to get on the bus and today he was dragging his feet and was the next to last one on. 

For 2015 my theme is going to be Just Do It Already. I have so many things that I have put off because I am afraid. Afraid of failure, of looking like a fool, of not being “perfect”. I need to realize that no guts means no glory and just do it already. My word for the year is kind. I need to be much kinder to myself and my family. I take a lot of my anxiety out on Clark and Jerry and it is not fair to them. Maybe if I am kinder to myself it will help to eliminate the issue. So without further ado here are my 2015 goals.

Crafting

1) Learn to crochet
2) Learn color work
3) Learn to sew
4) Make a sweater for me
5) Finish our couch blanket
6) Make Clark’s 5 year blanket
7) Learn to cross stitch
8) Be better about updating Ravelry project pages
9) More charity knitting
10) Knit some every day

Personal/Health

1) Lose 1lb per week
2) Work out 5 times per week
3) Creative writing 30 minutes per week
4) Cut out refined sugar
5) Keep doctor appointments and take medications
6) Go to knit night 2 times per month
7) Read 52 books
8) Participate in weekly photography challenge
9) Bedtime routine (wash face, brush teeth, floss and medications)
10) Blog 3 times per week

Financial

1) Save at least $20 per month
2) Less unnecessary spending
3) Pay off loan to my sister
4) Start a 529 savings account for Clark

Family

1) Do a special family event once per month
2) Have more patience with the fellas
3) Less TV time for Clark
4) Restart Clark’s chore chart
5) Eat dinner together 3 times per week

House

1) Declutter for 15 minutes 3 times per week
2) Deep clean one item per week

Emotional

1) Be kinder to myself
2) Realize I cannot do everything
3) Do not be afraid to try new things
4)

Remember that I do not have to complete everything all at once – I can take my time

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Glad you're planning to come to Knit Night more often. We've missed you!
I do have to say though, that it's a very ambitious list.

A :-) said...

That's quite a list . . . don't freak out if accomplishing all of it becomes crazy-making. I love that you want to be kinder to yourself. That's a beautiful and affirming goal. Happy New Year :-)