Monday, February 09, 2015

When Knittng Attacks

As The Knitmore Girls say I have been attacked by my knitting. I cast on another pair of tube socks for Clark. The last pair were a little big so I went down to a size1 needle from a 3. I did increase my stitch count from 40 to 44 as well. I have been happily knitting along but there was a nagging feeling in the back of my mind. I was afraid it was going to be to small. However, in my infinite wisdom I kept on knitting. Every once in a while I would hold it up and think it maybe to small but again I kept on knitting. Last Thursday I finished sock #1 and on Saturday  had him try it on.












I bet you can guess what the outcome was huh? Yeah he could barely get his foot in the thing and there was no way it was going to go past his ankle. So this has been ripped out and I will cast on again once I finish his Valentine gift. The moral of the story - always listen to your gut. Until next time ....

No comments: