Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Why I Vote

NaBloPoMo November 2015

Today is Election Day in the US and I proudly voted. I took my son for the first time since he did not have school today and showed him the process just like my parents did for me when I was young. We arrived around 12:30pm and it took me all of 10 minutes to get my ballot and make my selections. When I placed my ballot into the reader I noticed that I was voter number 44. To me this is a sad number of people to show up in 5-1/2 hours. So many people complain about our government but do not bother to show up and vote. Many people only vote in the Presidential elections not realizing that their local elections have a much bigger impact on their day to day lives. So here are the reasons why I vote:

1) my parents instilled in me from a young age that it is very important and I hope to do the same thing for my son
2) it is our only chance to have our voices heard
3) I am a big believer in no vote means you need to keep your mouth shut about our leaders and what they do
4) there are so many people in our history who fought and died for my right to vote
5) there are so many people around the world who die trying to earn the right to vote

So I will proudly wear my I voted sticker today and know that I did my part in the democratic process. Until next time ....

No comments: