Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Books Read: March 2016


March was another pretty good reading month for me. I managed to finish 3 books for the month but I am now 3 books behind on my 52 in 52 challenge. Here is what I read last month.

1) The Things We Do For Love by Kristin Hannah - "a poignant, evocative story that celebrates the magic of motherhood, the joys of coming home, and the price we so willingly pay for love." 

I really enjoyed this book. Hannah is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. This book really touched me and I did tear up in a few places. I will warn you that if you are sensitive about infertility this may not be the book for you. 

2) Blossom Street Brides by Debbie Macomber - "Now wedding bells are ringing in the tight-knit community that gathers around A Good Yarn, a store in a pretty Seattle neighborhood. Knitters come to the store to buy yarn and patterns but somehow they leave richer in friendship and love."

I always enjoy Macomber's books. I love the characters she creates as they seem so real to me. For example there were many times while reading the book where I wanted to smack one of the characters. If you are a fan of well written chick lit you should check this out.

3) The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters - "The Little Stranger follows the strange adventures of Dr. Faraday, the son of a maid who has built a life of quiet respectability as a country doctor. One dusty postwar summer in his home of rural Warwickshire, he is called to a patient at Hundreds Hall. Home to the Ayres family for more than two centuries, the Georgian house, once grand and handsome, is now in decline, its masonry crumbling, its gardens choked with weeds, the clock in its stable yard permanently fixed at twenty to nine. But are the Ayreses haunted by something more ominous than a dying way of life? Little does Dr. Faraday know how closely, and how terrifyingly, their story is about to become entwined with his."

I did not enjoy this book and it took me a while to finish it. It seemed to jump all over the place and was not very cohesive. The characters were all really annoying and the ending was very unsatisfactory. 

No comments: