Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Books Read: August 2017


I am still making my way through to make my goal of 52 books in 52 weeks. Let's see if I can keep the momentum going. Here are the 4 books I read in August.

1) Sybil Exposed: The Extraordinary Story Behind the Famous Multiple Personalty Case by Debbie Nathan - an interesting look not only at this case but at the rise of multiple personality diagnoses in American in the 1970s and 80s. It was a bit dry at the time but overall pretty enjoyable. It was also tells the stories of the doctor and the author of the original book which I never heard.

2) Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead by Brene Brown - I loved this book. I really enjoyed her take that vulnerability should be seen as a good thing and not a weakness. I also liked how she uses herself as an example so we can realize that even experts struggle sometimes.

3) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - I have avoided reading this author because she is so popular. Well I will not make that mistake again. This book was so much fun to read. I really relate to the main character Cath. The book also made me a bit nostalgic for my own college days.

4) The Noticer: Sometimes, All a Person Needs Is a Little Perspective by Andy Andrews - the first "self help" book I read was The Traveler's Gift by this author and I loved it. This book was also very enjoyable. I love his storytelling writing style and that he never comes across as arrogant.

No comments: